Sunday, August 10, 2008

My first Sport race

I know you're all on the edge of your seats wondering how today went for me. I'll give you the official "race report" at a later time. . . . .but right now I can tell you I can't remember the last time I've ever had that much fun racing. I can't say as I even remember racing "with" others all that much last year, much less trading places with some of the finest women in WORS. I finished with a smile so big, people didn't even need to ask whether I had fun.

It hurt like hell. . . . and it was a TON of hard work. . . . .but it was awesome. And it was absolutely the right choice for me.

That's the sappy update. Tomorrow I'll recap all the nitty gritty details. But right now I want to savor actually feeling like a mountain bike racer again. Thank you to everyone for their support. It's awesome to have such wonderful, supportive friends and competitors out there. . . . . .people who actually care.

Sweet. Thanks.

6 comments:

Regina said...

it was great racing with you again and I had so much fun...even though it hurt!

Christine said...

Nice work! Glad to see a smile on your face :-)

Anonymous said...

Why was the women's field so small??

velogrrl said...

I agree, it was nice to see you smiling! Congrats on a great race.

Unknown said...

yay!

Dano said...

It great to hear you dropping the "F" word. (fun)