Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Finally an update

First of all, I'm SO tired of hearing about STUPID drivers hitting innocent cyclists. It really pisses me off. And what's with all these DRUNK people out driving? It seems like most of the hit and runs we've heard about on the news lately have been DRUNK drivers. REPEAT offenders, mind you. Those people who were just hit in Illinois were apparently picked off by a woman who is a 4? time drunk driver offender. . . . . .she doesn't even have a license. Give me a break. I don't mean to be judgemental, but can you say that's just WRONG???

On a happier note, I'm almost ALL the way over the cold I seemed to develop the Monday after Sunburst. Woke up that day with a sore throat which just got worse and had me feeling like crap Tuesday. Most of last week was spend recovering and not training, but such is life. Now I'm feeling pretty strong, but still expelling a lot of mucus and getting tired a little faster than usual.

This past weekend we took time for some "fun" camping outside of racing. We headed up to WI Rapids to visit Bill's brother at their "camper".

They had mopeds and we took them out for a little joy ride.


Then we moved on to the 4-wheeler. Yeah, that was my first experience riding/driving a 4-wheeler. I now want one.

Now we just need to get that piece of land up north. . . . . . . .

On the way home from Rapids we hit Mt Morris for a ride. Yeah, I still hate that course. Other than the fact they're adding a ski run and there are a few areas you have to walk across this dug up dirt, the trail was very well maintained. Still harder then all get out. . . . .I thought I was going to DIE. . . . . .but a little fun anyway.

Now it's time to focus on the Boarder Battle. We'll have a full truck heading up there. Some return peeps, some new peeps. . . . .a possibility that someone might come out of retirement for this race. . . . . .a good time is guaranteed to be had by all. At least in OUR little hotel on wheels.

1 comment:

Christine said...

you two look like power twins:0 See ya up nort der hey.