Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Rhinelander

Yeah. Wow. I loved that course last year. Still loved it this year, except I'm not as fast as I used to be, which kind of sucks. I'm also not as coordinated as I used to be, which the water volunteers saw first hand as I face planted in front of them trying to grab a water hand off. Somehow I missed my bottle hand off and got a bit nervous that I'd have to make it through a whole second lap without water. What was I thinking??

I've since learned to just STOP if you miss the hand off and wait for it (that would have taken a LOT less time). . . . . .and not to take your hands off the handle bars AND turn your body at the same time. For some strange reason the bars want to go where your body goes. . . . . .Duh!

Other than the third day with this head ache, a few bruises and some gravel rash, I'm fine. I'm feeling a little stupid. . . . .but then again I never said I was a genius, nor do I even pretend to be one, so whatever. Someone has to be the village idiot once in a while.

Monday and Tuesday had me in the Dells for a Realtor convention. That was relatively fun. Except now I've got a TO DO list the size of Texas and we're heading out on the team camping trip Thursday evening (or maybe Friday AM, we'll see how on-track I can stay). The next couple days will be interesting. I might need to be checked in somewhere. . . . . . . .will have to use alcohol & caffiene to cope (not together though, because that would be silly).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

ouch! that sucks! embarrassing and painful. can't get any worse than that.

Anonymous said...

I saw the whole thing, the word priceless comes to mind...


Tiny