Sunday, April 05, 2009

Last minute trail work

Couldn't decide what to do today, so we headed down to Blue and did some trail maintenance. I can't believe how great of shape the trails are in down there. Probably cuz we did all the raking in fall. :-)

There were several large trees down, so Bill hauled the chainsaw in and took them out of the way. Thunder chased sticks all over, helped put some back ON the trail, and guarded us against the very dangerous leaves. We also raked quite a bit, cleared off some more sections of trail so people can FIND it.

If the weather holds, I'll be testing the trail this week. Of course I have to go get my bike from the shop. . . . it seems to have a problem of some sort. With Pedal Fest going on, I know no one's had a chance to look at it. Oh well. . . I rode it like that in North Carolina, I'm sure i can't hurt anything more by riding it another day or two. :-)

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for NO SNOW and a bit of sunshine this week. That would make for a most excellent week. I guess we'll see!

No comments: